November 11, 2022
Experience the ultimate pizza indulgence with our Caramelized Red Onion, Prosciutto & Fresh Mozzarella Pizza recipe, made with DeMassimo's authentic extra virgin olive oil. The sweet caramelized red onions are perfectly complemented by the salty, savory prosciutto and the creamy, fresh mozzarella cheese. Every bite is a explosion of flavors and textures that will make your taste buds dance with joy. You won't be able to resist this pizza.
- 5 slices Prosciutto sliced
- 1 each Red Onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp DeMassimo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oi
- 3 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella thinly sliced
- Pizza Crust
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F and drizzle DeMassimo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon of DeMassimo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sauté Red Onion.
- Sprinkle Light Brown Sugar on the Onions to caramelize. Stir and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Press and stretch the Pizza Dough into the baking sheet, to be a large rectangle. Dough may not fill the entire sheet.
- Lay thin slices of Fresh Mozzarella Cheese over the entire pizza dough surface.
- Add Caramelized Red Onion on top of Fresh Mozzarella Cheese.
- Drape Prosciutto slices throughout the pizza, so that they’re evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and bake pizza until the crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly (about 15 minutes). Let cool slightly, then cut into squares and serve.