February 6, 2023
Indulge in the comforting homemade cavatelli recipe, flawlessly paired with DeMassimo's authentic Italian tomato basil sauce. The tender yet chewy pasta paired with the tangy and zesty tomato sauce creates an unforgettable taste that makes you crave for more. Satisfy your cravings with this authentic Italian dish made using the freshest and high-quality ingredients. Perfect for a cozy night in, impress your friends and family with this scrumptious recipe that will leave a lasting impression.
A De Massimo favorite! This pasta creates a cave (cava in Italian) like space for the sauce to nestle up to, and when paired with our vegan Tomato Basil Sauce, you've tasted heaven.
- Pasta Maker (Preferably for Cavatelli)
- 1 lb Cavatelli
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 32oz jar De Massimo's Authentic Tomato Basil Sauce or any of your favorite De Massimo's Sauces
- 6 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2-3 Eggs
- 3 tbsp De Massimo's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Hot Water
- If you are using dry cavatelli, place a large pot of water on to boil for the pasta. When it boils, add salt and cavatelli, cook to al dente, and drain.
- For homemade cavatelli, in a mixing bowl or electric mixer, add flour. Create a well and add whisked eggs, evoo, and 1 cup of hot water. Mix well together adding water a little of the remaining water when needed. Feel free to add a bit more flour if necessary to get the consistency correct. Continue mixing and/or kneading until the dough is smooth.
- Cut the finished pasta dough into 4 evenly divided parts. Roll out each part with a rolling pin to about 1/4 of an inch. Cut into 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch strips.
- Guide your dough strip into the cavatelli maker and turn the crank. Put the finished product on wax or parchment paper and sprinkle with a little flour.
- Place a large pot of water on to boil for the pasta. When it boils, add salt and cavatelli, cook to al dente, and drain. The fresh pasta will cook quickly. They are done when they float to the top!
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add 1 jar of 32oz De Massimo's Authentic Tomato Basil Sauce. Add cooked cavatelli, mix together, and plate. Buon appetito!