November 11, 2022
Indulge in the heavenly goodness of our Italian Apple Olive Oil Cake! Made with DeMassimo's authentic extra virgin olive oil, this recipe is a true masterpiece. The rich and fruity flavor of the olive oil perfectly complements the sweet and tart notes of the fresh apples, making each bite a true delight for your taste buds. With its moist and fluffy texture, this cake is sure to leave you craving for more. Ready to experience a burst of flavor in each slice? Try our Italian Apple Olive Oil Cake today!
- 2 Large Gala Apples peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup Orange Juice to soak Apples
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- .5 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup DeMassimo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- .66 cup Gold Raisins
- Confectioner’s Sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and soak raisins in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Chop Apples and place in a bowl with Orange Juice.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the Flour, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Baking Powder and Baking Soda.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, add Sugar and DeMassimo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Mix on low speed for 2 minutes until ingredients are well-combined.
- In the bowl with the dry ingredients, make a well in the middle of the flour mixture. Add the sugar and olive oil mixture into the well. Using a wooden spoon, stir until just blended.
- Drain raisins and apples completely. Add both to batter and mix well.
- Spray a 9” cake pan and spoon batter into the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Cool completely then invert cake onto serving platter. Dust with Confectioner’s Sugar.