November 11, 2022
This mouth-watering recipe for Roasted Chicken with Baked Parmesan Polenta & Haricots Vert is a culinary masterpiece made even more delectable with the addition of DeMassimo's authentic extra virgin olive oil. The succulent roasted chicken, buttery parmesan polenta, and crisp haricots vert are perfectly complemented by the rich flavor of the olive oil. Your taste buds will be begging for more after just one bite.
Ingredients for Roasted Chicken
- 3 lb Whole Chicken giblets removed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 stalk Celery leaves removed
- 1 cup DeMassimo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Ingredients for Baked Parmesan Polenta
- 2.25 cups Water
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp DeMassimo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Quick-Cooking Polenta
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Ingredients for Haricots Verts
- 1.5 lb Haricots Verts
- 3 tbsp DeMassimo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- SAlt & Pepper to taste
Instructions for the Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Wash Chicken with cold water and dry completely. Place Chicken in roasting pan and season generously inside and out with salt and pepper. Cut Celery into 3 or 4 pieces and place in the chicken cavity. Rub DeMassimo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the outside of the Chicken, as well as in the cavity.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour in the preheated oven to a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Remove from heat and baste with drippings.
- Cover with aluminum foil and rest for about 30 minutes prior to serving.
Instructions for Baked Parmesan Polenta
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Place the Water, Milk and DeMassimo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the polenta and stir with a wooden spoon until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan Cheese. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Transfer the Polenta to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the Polenta about 15-20 minutes, until bubbly and just beginning to brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Cut squares or triangle slices of Polenta and arrange on serving dish.
Instructions for the Haricots Verts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Trim stem ends only then place on a baking sheet in 1 layer. May need 2 baking sheets.
- While on the baking sheet, drizzle 3 Tablespoons of DeMassimo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper. Gently mix into the Haricots Verts.
- Roast for about 10 minutes until crispy-tender. Serve hot on a platter.