November 11, 2022
Enjoy a flavor-packed meal with our Tomato Basil Stewed Shrimp recipe, made with DeMassimo's authentic Italian tomato basil sauce. Our succulent shrimp is perfectly cooked to perfection, and creates a savory blend of spices that will make your taste buds dance. The rich aroma of basil and the tanginess of tomatoes come together in this dish, creating a symphony of flavors that will leave you wanting more. Try our Tomato Basil Stewed Shrimp today and indulge in a meal that will tantalize your senses.
- 1 Deep Skillet large
- .5 large Yellow Onion diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 lb Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 pint DeMassimo’s Authentic Tomato Basil Sauce
- 2 cups fresh Spinach roughly chopped
- .25 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese shredded
- .25 cup fresh Basil
- Heat DeMassimo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large, deep skillet.
- Add diced Onion to EVOO and season with Salt and Pepper to taste. Stir and cook 2-3 minutes until Onion has softened.
- Add Shrimp and Garlic to skillet and stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently, for one minute until Shrimp have just started to turn pink.
- Add DeMassimo’s Authentic Tomato Basil Sauce to skillet and stir to combine. Cook 2-3 minutes more, stirring frequently, until sauce is at a low simmer.
- Add Spinach to skillet and stir to combine. Cook until Spinach has wilted, and Shrimp is cooked through. Taste and add Salt and Pepper, as needed.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese and Basil. Serve immediately with Baguette, over Angel Hair Pasta or as a Shrimp Shooter for a special event!